My husband loves Tomato Soup as do I. But he tends to ask for the canned condensed soup. The other day he asked for Tomato soup and we didn’t have any canned soup so I went pilfering through the pantry and fridge to see what we had to make Tomato soup. Confession, I have never made a Tomato soup before. If this recipe looks like any other recipe out there it is totally a coincidence. I honestly went into my kitchen and started gathering stuff from my pantry and refrigerator and started cooking. Once I was done and tasted how good it was I sat down and wrote down what I did so that I could make it again because we enjoyed it so much.
With that said here is my Around the House Creamy Tomato Soup
Around the House Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Large Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Chicken Bullion
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- Cut Tomatoes, Onions into chunks and put on a sheet pan. Place Garlic cloves with the skin on the sheet pan. Mix Half Olive oil, Brown Sugar, salt, black pepper then pour over tomatoes. Roast in preheated 375 oven for 30 minutes. This will just remove some of the moisture and deepen the flavor. The brown sugar also helps to reduce the acidic taste of the tomatoes.
- When they are done roasting put everything in the blender, make sure to remove the skins from the garlic. I like to leave mine a tad chunky but you can blend until completely smooth and then run it through a fine-mesh strainer. I didn't do that because I like the chunks in my soup.
- In a large pot add the other half of the Olive oil and the Tomato paste. Let it cook for about three minutes. This will deepen the flavor and take the canned taste out of it. Then add the mixture from the blender and 2 cups water, freeze-dried basil, and chicken bullion. Let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add your half and half to prevent curdling. add salt and pepper to taste. I served ours with Pampered Chef Beer Bread.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I know that this winter I am going to make this many times. If you happen to make this let me know how it turned out for you.